Thursday, October 4, 2018

Enchanted City 2018 Troy NY Steampunk Festival

Through one of my google searches for festivals to busk I came across the perfect venue fr Dr. Vir Lateus Dentum to perform magic for the crowds. The annual Steampunk Festival in Troy New York, up near Albany is a local gathering of all things Steampunk. This would actually be my first Steampunk Festival so I wasn't sure shat to expect. I reached out to the organizers and discussed my busking at the festival. They were very enthusiastic about it and we agreed I would come join the fun and set up and busk on a corner at the event.


I arrived at the festival and at first I didn't see anything but as I got closer and then rounded the corner, it was full steam ahead and it was wonderful. The costumes and the props from all areas in the Steampunk genre. There was a parade of genre specific vehicles and some of the most elaborate props I've ever seen. Lots of different vendors had tables including a wild bird rescue. Visitors could meet an owl and raven up close and see all these majestic birds one on one. The best part was that everyone was very nice and enthusiastic to each other about the celebration of the Steampunk SciFi ideas and concepts.
I walked around and looked at all the vendors and met  lots of other fans. We talked shop about costumes and other aspects of Cosplay. So much fun to be there with everyone.
Then it was time for magic! I found a pitch on a corner next to a busy area near the vendors and set up the table and the act.
Then the performances began and the crowds gathered. It was a full day of shows and nice fat hats!
All together it it was a great event and I'm already scheduled to be back next year.
Be Well and Keep 'em clean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steampunk Show Case Manheim, PA

What a great Steampunk Convention!. While performing at another event I learned about this one. Tucked away on the second floor of the Spoo...