Sunday, September 16, 2018

What an amazing Summer......

Hello Internet Friends,
Well we've finished a great Summer, with plenty of travel and plenty of performing.
Phineas and I took a trip to Baraboo Wisconsin to go visit CIRCUS WORLD and the CIRCUS WORLD MUSEUM.
Now, besides the Museum and the circus wagon exhibit which were both beyond belief!, we were able to enjoy the Physical comedy and humor of Steve and Ryan. These guy are the best Physical comedians I've seen in my life. Its like watching Keaton, or Chaplin, or Laurel and Hardy Live!
As long as they are performing, American Circus Clowning is in good hands.



We also went to spend time with one of our circus teachers, Greg DeSanto at the CLOWN HALL OF FAME. One day I even spent some time Busking in downtown Baraboo. It was exciting as it sounds, very few people, not enough to make an audience for a show but I spent an hour doing trickle shows and got a very nice response from the passers by.
The CLOWN HALL OF FAME although small is jam packed with the most amazing collection of personal items and props from clowns throughout circus history. Great stuff that you would never expect.  And of course Greg was a very gracious host. Phineas and I each have learned clowning from Greg at different ties during our training mainly with the NY GOOFS.
There is no way to describe the items we were able to read through and see, that represent the circus and its clowning history. Between the Hall of Fame and Circus World my head was spinning and I think I ran out of memory in my IPhone with all the photos and videos. This was a trip I will never forget.
More travel stories in the next post.......until then
Be well and Keep 'em clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Steampunk Show Case Manheim, PA

What a great Steampunk Convention!. While performing at another event I learned about this one. Tucked away on the second floor of the Spoo...